Our 9 Point Promise to Clients of McGills Hairdressing Salon in Edinburgh
We take the safety of our clients and team extremely seriously. We have put together a “9 Point Promise” to reassure you that we are minimising the risks, as much as possible, to everyone at this time.
- We have introduced extended hours and all staff will be working shifts. This will help us to ensure social distancing wherever possible by reducing the number of staff and clients in the salon at any one time.
- Reception will be solely used for checking in to reduce the amount of people at the desk. The hand sanitising station will be located at reception for you to use upon entry and exit of the salon.
- We will offer our new ‘Check Out in the Chair’ system for you to pay, purchase home hair care products and book future appointments.
- We will only allow one client & stylist in the basin area at any one time to reduce any social distancing issues for our team and clients.
- We have marked certain areas & styling stations as ‘closed’ to maintain safe social distancing between clients and team.
- Every chair, work station and all hairdressing equipment will be sanitised between each client as we’ve always done.
- Every client will have a freshly laundered gown and a bio-degradable, disposable towel.
- We will be communicating on a regular basis with all our team and clients to minimise any risk of transmission into our salon. Any clients or staff who display or have been in contact with anyone with the virus, will be asked not to enter the salon.
- Well will abide by all government guidance on PPE that is required, to do our jobs as safely as possible.
Our New Client Journey
The ‘New Normal’ may Take some getting used to, it’s new to us all. We want to make your experience to us, relaxing and as stress free as possible. This is why we’ve created our new client journey, to show you how it’s going to work & what you can expect from us.
- upon arrival – we ask you to queue outside and only enter when there is a safe distance to do so.
- on entering the salon,- we ask you to use our sanitising station before checking in at reception
- once checked in, – your stylist will show you where to hang your jacket & provide a 1-2-1 service wherever possible to reduce any cross contamination
- once your service is finished,- we ask you stay seated for ‘check out in the chair’
- before exiting the salon- we ask you to use the hand sanitiser provided at your station.
We will continue to review & adapt the ‘New ‘Normal’ accordingly.
Please note – no magazines will be available, so please bring your own iPad/books along. Unfortunately no drinks will be available, however bottled water will be provided upon request.