The Wrong Ways To Style Curly Hair
You’ve spent time and money when it comes to shampooing and conditioning your curly hair. And when you’ve styled it, disaster strikes.
What happened? There are some mistakes people make when styling curly tresses. Let’s see if one or more of these apply to you.
- Flipping your head over when washing or styling your hair. This causes tangles, lots of them.
- Not using products as instructed. Curly hair has a dry texture, so it needs more product. If the directions say to apply liberally, please do.
- Using the wrong tools. Define curls with detangling tools, like a wide-tooth comb.
- Using too many products. A ton of product creates excessive build up, starving your hair of natural moisture.
- Going without a styling product. You need a styling product to minimize fuzz and maximize hold. Just don’t go overboard with multiple products.
Follow these techniques and you’ll get the results you want every time.