McGills Mission Statement
‘We have a strong belief in sustainability and aim to put as much back into the planet as we take from it. We endeavour to be as eco-friendly as possible in all aspects of our business.
We believe that great business isn’t about going with the flow, but about staying true to who you are and what you believe in. We may not always take the popular route, but we will always be true to the McGills values’.
Eco Friendly Credentials
In our Edinburgh hair salon we are committed to recycling wherever possible and are proud to be Edinburgh's greenest eco friendly salon. Some ways we achieve this include:
- We use in-salon refills of shampoo & conditioner with our sustainable eco friendly, cruelty free products
- We recycle hair clippings to make oil mats to soak up the 4500 oil spills that happen every year in our oceans and on our beaches
- We recycle up to 85% of all refuse that the salon produces and we are looking into ways that we can improve this even more in 2020
- We use LED lighting throughout the salon
- We use sustainable 100% renewable energy suppliers for our heat & lighting
- Our hair colour is ammonia free with zero PPD's
- We use only cruelty free, vegan products
- We never use plastic bags in our salon, any products that you purchase in our salon will be packaged in recycled paper bags.
Alongside our green credentials, we also have a wealth of experience in the salon with many awards including Scottish Colourists of the Year.
Davines Eco Friendly Products
McGills Hairdressing are passionate about our eco-friendly ethos and the Davines products we use reflect that. The products allow us to treat various scalp problems using products that are:
- Free from harmful parabens
- Free from sulphates
- Free from pdp
- Use zero fossil gasses
- Completely carbon neutral⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Davines is a non profitable b company that cares about the environment, investing back into sustainable projects throughout the world. They also use 40% LESS PLASTIC than any other beauty brand.
All of the products have a natural active ingredient that is grown in the Davines village in Parma, Italy. Davines supports and sustains the local economy, including the farms that produce the ingredients for their products.
“By creating beauty sustainably, we encourage people to take care of themselves, of the environment in which they live & work, of the things they love.”
Enki Towels - Luxury, Eco Friendly Hairdressing & Salon Towels
These luxury, single use hair towels are an eco salons dream! They biodegrade in 8-12 weeks and are compostable too! The Enki Towels help us reduce our carbon footprint by eliminating the usage electricity and water from laundry. The towels are:
- Laundry Saving
- Eco Friendly⠀⠀⠀
ECOHEADS - Cleaner Hair, Cleaner Environment
Our wash basins are all fitted with the fantastic ECOHEADS showerheads, which will not only cut down your rinse time at the bowl, the special filtration system ionizes the water and removes sediment, leaving your hair cleaner and healthier.
Using ECOHEADS showerheads helps us to minimise the energy & water usage in our salon by up to 65%
Book Your Hair Cut, Colour & Styling Appointment at McGills Hairdressing Salon in Edinburgh
Maybe it’s time to reshape your hair and keep those split ends under control, or perhaps you’re after a completely new hairstyle. Whatever your desire, please book in at Edinburgh's most eco-friendly hair salon by calling us on 0131 228 8882 or you can book securely online here.